If you have just received your Verifone PIN pad, follow the below guide for a quick set up process.
Inside the box you will find your PIN pad and the wire already connected to the back of the PIN pad.
**BEFORE connecting the PIN pad to the terminal please UNPLUG the power source from the Verifone Vx520 Terminal. The terminal must be unplugged anytime the PIN pad has to be connected or disconnected.**
The PIN pad wire connects to the RS232 port on the back of the Verifone Vx520.
Once the PIN pad is securely connected to the Verifone Vx520 terminal plug the power cord back into the Verifone Vx520 terminal.
They will both power up and the Verifone Vx520 will come to a screen with three options:
Select Credit/Debit and this will take you to the sale screen.
From here you can run your first transaction!
The First Transaction
Once the PIN pad is connected you are ready to run your first transaction!
- From the main screen select Sale (F2).
- Enter in the amount and select the Green key.
- The customer will be prompted to tap,swipe, or insert their card.
- Insert chip card or swipe.
- The pin pad will prompt Credit or Debit.
- If Debit is selected they will be prompted to enter their PIN.
- The terminal will then communicate with the host.
- If transaction is successful, the receipt prints.