Creating items or services in your catalog allows you to quickly add frequently purchased items or services to a virtual terminal transaction.
To get started creating your first item or service:
- Select “Catalog” from the main toolbar
- Select “+New” from the header
- Enter in an item name, this is the only required field needed in order to save.
- Category: The category field is optional, but can be used to generate category sales reports
- Quantity in Stock: For items that have a finite amount, you can enter in a starting inventory quantity that auto-updates when a sale is made
- Low Stock Alert: Set a low stock alert number to be notified when a quantity of an item falls below a specific threshold
- If the item is a service, and there are no quantities required, simply select the checkbox to mark the item as a service
- If the item is taxable, be sure to select the “is taxable” option, so that taxes will be automatically applied once you have set the tax rate for your business
- Once you have created an item or service, you can start a new transaction from within your catalog by selecting the “+” next to each item, or by selecting “New Payment” from the top of your screen, and type in the name of the item into the item name field
If you have any questions, please contact the customer support team, our team is happy to help you get set up!