Need to pre-authorize a payment amount or transaction? Now you can simply check a box through Fattmerchant’s virtual terminal to pre-authorize a transaction, and go back later to capture and settle those funds!
By choosing to preauthorize a transaction, the payment will be processed as an authorization, and no funds will be captured until you go back and capture either the full or partial amount that was authorized. Additionally, uncaptured authorizations are now available in the dashboard - notifying you at a glance when you still need to capture and complete a transaction.
Get started with pre-authorized transactions:
- Start a transaction as normal.
- On the “Payment Method” screen, select the checkbox for “Hold funds and finalize later”.
3. When you select the pre-authorization checkbox, you can enter a new payment method, or use an existing payment method.
4. On the “Review” screen, you will then need to click the button to complete the hold.
5. To complete the transaction, and capture the full amount, select “Payments” from the sidebar, and locate the pre-authorized transaction.
6. Select “Capture” to complete the transaction - the screen will give you the option to capture a partial amount.