Need to pre-authorize a payment amount or transaction? With the Omni Virtual Terminal, you can simply check a box to preauthorize a transaction, and go back later to capture and settle the funds.
By choosing to preauthorize a transaction, the payment will be processed as an authorization, and no funds will be captured until you go back and capture either the full or partial amount that was authorized. Additionally, uncaptured authorizations are now available in the dashboard - notifying you at a glance when you still need to capture and complete a transaction.
Get started with pre-authorized transactions:
- Select Advanced Payment
- On the Payment Method screen, select the checkbox for Hold funds and finalize later
3. When you select the preauthorization checkbox, you can enter a new payment method, or use an existing payment method
4. On the Review screen, you will then need to click the button to complete the hold
5. To complete the transaction, and capture the full amount, select Payments from the sidebar, and locate the pre-authorized transaction
6. Select Capture to complete the transaction - the screen will give you the option to capture a partial amount